Please take a look at the steps below for basic electronic ignition installation. Give us a call at 1-800-241-7548 for more information.
1. Locate and remove the screws that attach the control panel to the front of the grill (these are under each shelf towards the front of the grill.)
2. Once screws are removed loosen the control panel. You will not need to remove it completely, just loosen to give enough room to remove ignitor.
3. Remove rubber ignition button and plastic hex nut.
4. Reach through door(s) and behind control panel and remove wires connected to the back of the box. If you are replacing the wires as well, simply disconnect them from the electrodes and remove entire box and wires together.
5. Put new ignition system in place of the old one and attach the plastic hex nut.
6. Reattach the ignition wires to the electrodes and the ignition system.
7. Reattach the control panel using the screw that you took out of the grill.
8. Attach the rubber ignition button ad be sure to include the battery.
Date published: 2015-04-02