Top 10 Reasons to Throw a Backyard Barbecue
Sure, there are many typical reasons to throw a backyard barbecue – birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, etc., but don’t limit yourself. Go beyond the norm and before you know it, anytime is a great time for a backyard barbecue. Here are a few off-the-beaten track ideas to get you started.
- Dog gone party. Your new puppy just got honorable mention after completing his obedience training classes. Sounds like a good reason to host a steak night. Your dog will love you for it too!
- First tooth party. Your kid just got his first adult tooth. Let him try it out on some succulent grilled corn on the cob.
- Broken leg party. Okay, it may not sound like the best reason to celebrate, but think about it. If it’s hard to get out of the house on those crutches, why not bring the party to you? Invite friends over to help, sit back and enjoy the fun.
- Farmer’s Day party. Where would you be without farmers? You’d have no great beef, chicken, pork or vegetables to grill. Throw a party that encourages guests to support local farmers.
- Groundhog Day party. This is the day when we learn whether there will be six more weeks of winter or not. Either way – March is a good time to break out of the indoors and head outside. Bundle up a little; your grill will be happy for the workout.
- Cleaned out the garage party. You’ve had it on your ‘to-do list’ for about three years now. Well, it’s finally done. Dust off those grilling tools and head outside. You’ve earned it.
- Used car party. While a brand new car may not have been in the budget, a used car was and you want to show it off. Grill up some juicy cheeseburgers and celebrate.
- Found my watch party. It’s been missing for two years and you had written it off. But while looking under the bed for an old suitcase, you spotted it hugged against the wall trim. Break out the grill, it’s “time” to party.
- Learned a new song party. Do you play the guitar? Keyboard? Drums? If so, learn a new song and share it with your friends. Grilling and music go well together.
- Turn lemons into lemonade party. We’ve all had bad days. Sometimes they can pile up and really start to take their toll. So, why not try to turn around the gloomy streak and make lemonade out of lemons – and then maybe squeeze those lemons on some grilled fish. Life will be looking up in no time.