May We Also Recommend
Infrared Grilling Made Easy.™
• Grilling just became fun again. No cold spots. No hot spots. Just even heat.
• With Quantum® the fire stays in the firebox. No flare-ups to burn your food.
• Cleaning? Turn up the heat and leftover pieces are burned and can be brushed away.
• Infrared heat will sear in moisture so that even well-done steaks are juicy and full of flavor.
• The combination of infrared and open-flame heat gives you a wide temperature range.
• Easily add smokehouse flavor to your food by dropping wood chips between the grates.
• It’s never been easier to experiment with new foods. Smaller items never end up in the firebox again.
• Less falling through means the ignition system and burners are better protected.
• Need more inspiration? Check out the Outdoor Stove & Griddle on the left side shelf.
Contact us for more info on this product!
VIDEO: Quantum Infrared Grilling Testimonials
Infrared Grilling Made Easy.™
See what consumers are saying about Quantum Series Infrared Gas Grills...
VIDEO: How to Season your Char-Broil® Quantum® Infrared Grill
Just like grandma’s cast iron skillet, the stainless steel Quantum® Cooking System will need to be seasoned prior to use. This is most important as it will optimize cooking performance. In addition, it will make cleaning easier and inhibit rusting. Coat all surfaces of the Quantum® Cooking System (Grates and Emitter plate) with vegetable oil. If you use a spray, which is easier to use, wipe down the Quantum® Cooking System after spraying to ensure an even coat. Start your grill and let it burn for 15 minutes – or until the vegetable oil burns off and stops smoking. The shiny finish on grates and emitter should now have a very dark brown or bronze color.
Your grill is now seasoned and you are ready to cook. The more you use your Quantum® grill the better it will cook. The darker - more seasoned - the cooking chamber becomes the hotter and the more evenly it will cook. A light coat of vegetable oil after each use (once the grill has cooled) will keep the surfaces seasoned and help prevent any rusting – again, just like grandma’s cast iron skillet. The next time you grill go ahead and wipe the grilling surface with a well oiled cloth prior to starting your grill. This should remove any debris that may have accumulated and will help prevent your grilled foods from sticking to the cooking surface. You are now ready to pre-heat your grill and start grilling.
So, the three basic steps are:
- Make sure to season your grill prior to the first use. Coat all cooking surfaces with olive or vegetable oil. This can be done with a spray or well-coated rag. Heat the grill for 15-30 minutes until there is no more smoke.
- After your grill has cooled again wipe down or spray the entire cooking surface. This will coat the metal and provide a barrier to help reduce surface rust.
- Prior to cooking again wipe down with an oiled rag. This will remove any debris/rust that may have accumulated.
VIDEO: How to Clean Your Char-Broil® Quantum® Infrared Grill
After each use it is advised that you burn off any excess grease and food debris that has accumulated on your grates.
Turn the grill to HIGH and close the lid. Leave it on for around 15 minutes and this should turn any remaining food debris to ash. After the grill has cooled, yet still warm, remove any remaining food particles from the cooking grate using a wire brush.
Periodically, as food debris accumulates on the infrared emitter plate, it is recommended that the grates be removed from the grill so that the infrared emitter plate can be cleaned and ash removed.
Separate the grilling grate from the infrared emitter and brush the emitter plate with a heavy-duty wire grill brush, such as the BrushHawg or the Quantum® grill brush available at charbroil.com.
Baked-on food particles can be removed with the metal scraper on the back side of the grill brush. The stainless steel grilling grates and infrared emitters can also be tapped lightly together to remove baked-on debris and ash.
Always coat the grates and infrared emitter plates with a light coat of high-heat cooking oil after cleaning. This added layer of protection will help ensure your Quantum® Infrared grill will be ready for your next grilling experience.
Quantum® Grilling Guide
Attachment: Quantum® Infrared Grilling Guide