You can’t go wrong with anything wrapped in bacon.
On game day, sometimes simple is best. In this case, cocktail weenies get cozy with center-cut bacon. They take just minutes to grill and they’ll be gone before the first quarter is over.
This recipe works best on a Char-Broil® TRU-Infrared™ grill because there won’t be any flare ups from the bacon fat. If you’re using a charcoal or electric grill, simply elevate a rack a few inches from the surface of the grates as a platform for the weenies or use your warming rack if your grill has one.
We serve these delectable appetizers with our favorite BBQ sauce, but they would be equally good dipped in honey mustard or ranch dressing.
Your guests will gobble up these savory bite-sized appetizers on game day or any day.
- 1 pound center-cut bacon
- 1 14-ounce package cocktail weenies
- Wooden toothpicks
- BBQ sauce
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Cut the bacon into thirds.
- Wrap each cocktail weenie in bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Grill the weenies, turning to brown all sides of the bacon. For the side with the toothpick, move the weenies to the warming rack with the toothpicks facing down through the grate.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.
You will have extra bacon so you may want to cut the strips as you wrap so you'll have whole strips of bacon left over.