Stuffed mushrooms? Yes, please! It’s hard to resist the earthy, comforting flavor of this long-time favorite. Maybe we love them so much because they’re the perfect sized finger food or maybe they remind you of decadent holiday parties of years past. Regardless, any occasion is a great time for stuffed mushrooms.
So when mushroom season begins, get ready to please your guests and family with this tasty appetizer straight from your grill. You’ll get out of the kitchen and you’ll all enjoy a flavorful treat.
- 12 medium-sized fresh Crimini or white mushrooms
- 12 slices of thin center-cut bacon
- 1 peeled and crushed garlic clove per mushroom
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sliced jalapeno peppers, sausage, or other ingredients
- Hot sauce, optional
- Preheat grill to 375°F.
- Brush mushrooms with a paper towel to remove excess dirt and remove the stems.
- Insert a peeled, slightly crushed garlic clove in each mushroom cap.
- Place sliced jalapeno rings in the mushroom cap or any other stuffing you like.
- Wrap each mushroom with a strip of bacon by wrapping once, gathering ends at the stem, twisting the ends and draping down the side of the mushrooms.
- Place bacon-wrapped stuffed mushrooms filling side up on well-vented grilling rack or tray.
- Close grill hood and roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- Add a splash of hot sauce to each mushroom.
- Remove and let cool briefly before serving.