You don’t have to go all the way to Australia (or even New Orleans) to enjoy a great shrimp barbeque.
It so easy to fire up the grill on a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon that sometime we forget we don’t have to wait for the weekend. This recipe is quick and easy enough that any reasonably sunny, warm Thursday June evening (or nippy November Tuesday, or snowy February Friday if you’re the particularly hardy type) will do the trick. Just make sure you pick up everything you need during your next shopping trip and you’ll be ready to grill as soon as you shed those work duds and grab open a refreshing beverage. I’d recommend hot chocolate if you’re out there in February…
This quick, easy recipe is great for a party or at a tailgate before the big game!
- 1 (12 oz) bottle or can of beer
- 2 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning or Crab Boil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 lbs shrimp, heads removed with shells on
- Cocktail sauce
- Set your grill to HIGH to preheat for 10 minutes or until the grill reaches maximum temperature.
- While grill is preheating, pour beer into the infuser bottom.
- Stir in Old Bay Seasoning or Crab Boil and garlic.
- Place infuser basket into infuser bottom and place onto grill cooking grate.
- Heat liquid until boiling and place shrimp into the infuser basket.
- Place infuser lid onto infuser bottom and steam until shrimp are firm and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove infuser lid with spatula or oven mitts.
- Remove grill top infuser from grill with oven mitts and serve with your favorite cocktail sauce.