I get so many good ideas and great recipes from contributing Guest Chef, Mike “Pit Pirate” Hedrick and this is one more. He’s a continuing source of inspiration to those of us who enjoy using The Big Easy to prepare “fried” turkey, chicken and more. This recipe appeared first in a post on the Sizzle on the Grill Users Forum. Mike has his own unique way of describing his recipes and rather than change that for fear we’d loose his “voice” in it, we publish it here as close to the original form as possible.
- Chicken wings
- Get some oil to spritz on them
- Lemon Juice
- Favorite “wang” seasoning or Rub
- Place all of the 'wangs' on the bottom and accessory shelves in the cooking basket, making sure there is adequate room between pieces so the infrared can hit them all.
- Place the loaded cooking basket into the Big Easy and turn on HIGH leaving the lid on for at least 5-10 minutes. I love the sound of them even after just going in. The sound of chicken skin crackling and the smell is a little piece of heaven.
- Serve these Yardbird “Wangs” with your favorite dipping sauce. Some folks like hot sauce and some like cool sauce. S'all up to you friend! But take my advice - "When you eat these, stand away from folks because they are so good you'll want to Slap Someone!"