Let’s see how many of your grilling favorites we can cram into one recipe. How about bacon? And beef? And blue cheese? Have we hooked you yet?
Well the recipe that follows will thrill you for the way that it melds together these favorites into a tasty bite-sized slider that is a true flavor bomb. Our advice? Maybe double, or even triple, this recipe – to make sure you have enough to satisfy your “meat” tooth.
- 8-10 strips hardwood smoked bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds 80/20 ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh arugula and roma tomatoes, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay the strips of bacon in a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Cool cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, then place it in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Reserve.
- Hand mix chuck, Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Form 12-14 thin patties.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon blue cheese and 1 tablespoon bacon bits over 6-7 of the patties.
- Lay 6-7 remaining patties over the patties with the blue cheese and bacon.
- Form each of the 2 patties into balls, sealing the contents inside. Gently press into a burger shape.
- Brush the patties with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the sliders over high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and grill the second side for 2-4 minutes (medium-rare), 6 minutes (medium), or 8 minutes (medium-well).
- Allow the meat to rest under a tin foil tent for 3-5 minutes, allowing the juices to be reabsorbed.
- Plate with a bun and garnish with the arugula and tomatoes. Serve hot and enjoy!