Making breakfast on the grill is a fun way to start the day. And these peppers stuffed with cheese, eggs and chives are absolutely delicious.
First, you want to start with great ingredients; fresh veggies always taste best. Next, pour the egg mixture into your fresh peppers and place over direct heat. After about 10 minutes, move the peppers to the cold side of the grill and cook with indirect heat for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until eggs have set.
Serve with a favorite side such as grilled kielbasa or other sausage.
Chive, cheese and egg stuffed peppers make breakfast on the grill super easy and fast.
- 5 eggs
- 2 large red peppers, cleaned and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat half of the grill to medium high heat; leave one half of the grill off.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, shredded cheddar, milk, chives, salt and pepper.
- Oil grill on the hot side and place red peppers, cut side up, on grill. If necessary trim a small slice (be careful not to cut all the way through) from the bottom to make sure they sit level.
- Using a measuring cup, carefully pour in egg mixture until each pepper is about 3/4 of the way full.
- Grill the filled peppers on the side that is on medium high heat with the lid closed.
- After 10 minutes, carefully move the filled peppers to the indirect (cold) side of the grill.
- Close lid and grill indirect for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs have set, puffed up and turned golden brown.
- Carefully remove peppers from the grill and serve with grilled kielbasa or other sausage.