If your dinners have gotten a little bland and boring, you need the big, bold flavor from this Caribbean Shrimp Lollipops recipe. They’re perfect for entertaining or when you need a quick fix on a busy weekday. The marinade beautifully captures all of the flavors of the Caribbean, without the cost of a flight. I love just how simply this recipe comes together (hint: if you use Char-Broil®’s 6-Piece Skewer Set & Frame, it’s even easier). And whether you want to enjoy them on their own as an appetizer or as a salad-topper, you’re in for one delicious, healthy meal. So, grab a piña colada and get grillin’!
Marinate the shrimp for just a couple of minutes.
Preheat your grill and thread the shrimp onto pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
If you are worried about your skewers catching fire, just lay down a simple strip of aluminum foil for safety.
After just a couple minutes (they cook fast!), flip your shrimp.
When done, enjoy as an appetizer or salad-topper. So pretty and absolutely delicious!
Full of flavor and a little bit spicy, these Caribbean shrimp are perfect as an appetizer or a salad topping.
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned, rinsed, and deveined
- 2 limes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix marinade ingredients.
- Toss shrimp in marinade and refrigerate until grill reaches 350°F-425°F.
- Thread 2 shrimps each on soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until opaque.
- Serve on a bed of greens with lime slices or enjoy alone as an appetizer.