Break out your rotisserie. We’re making cooking Cornish Game Hens over the grill as simple, easy and delicious as you’ll ever see. While it can be prepared in numerous styles none is any better than these lightly seasoned, brined birds roasted over a low fire on a rotisserie.
- 1 Rock Cornish Game Hen (about 2 pounds) per 2 people
- freshly ground black pepper
- Char-Broil Basic Brine.
- Aromatics & herbs for stuffing (to add flavor)
- Brine the hens overnight
- Remove from the brine, rinse and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- If desired rub on additional spices like Oklahoma Joe's Yard Bird Rub or stuff cavities with herbs like tarragon and aromatics such as lemon or onions.
- Preheat grill to 250ºF.
- Truss each bird with kitchen twine by tying the legs together and once around the wings
- Mount on the spit and secure by firmly pushing forks together to be sure of a secure fit that won’t loosen as birds cook and rotate.
- Secure spit into grill rotisserie. Place a drip pan beneath birds to catch juices. Close the hood.
- Use an instant read thermometer to check for doneness after 30 minutes and every 15 minutes after.
- When the thermometer reading is approximately 162ºF, remove the spit.
- Place on a tray to rest. Birds will continue to cook and rest time will allow juices to redistribute.
- To serve, carve as you would any poultry.