This may be one of the easiest recipes we’ve posted, but don’t think our Char-Broil® Easy Cherry Smoked Chicken recipe is short on flavor. It is anything but, thanks to the wonderful flavor-enhancing aroma of cherry wood chips (which you can get as part of Char-Broil®’s 3-Pack Wood Chip Smoker Boxes). The cherry offers a pleasantly sweet kick of fruity tartness to the juicy chicken and if you fall in love with it this way, you can also pair it with pork or beef to enjoy the delicious flavor, as well.
Cherry wood smoke adds an incredible flavor to a whole chicken.
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- Basic brine
- Cherry wood chips
- Preheat smoker or grill set for indirect heat with smoking box for cherry wood chips.
- Place chicken inside when grill has reached approximately 225°F and chips have begun to smoke.
- Close lid and add wood chips as needed to maintain a blue-tinted smoke for about 2 hours.
- Continue to smoke chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F in the leg and thigh.
- Remove and tent chicken with aluminum foil and allow to rest. Chicken will continue to rise a bit in temperature and finish cooking.
- Slice and enjoy!