The rich brine for our Coffee-Brined Sirloin Tip Roast made in The Big Easy® oil-less turkey fryer offers a surprising twist of flavor and a whole lot of moisture for some seriously tender beef.
- Sirloin Tip Beef Roast - approximately 5 - 7 pounds
- 4 cups water to start (add more to cover meat)
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tps (each) white pepper and black pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- Mix Ingredients in warm water - allow to cool before placing over meat.
- Place meat in brine mixture, cover and store in refrigerator for 8 - 12 hours.
- Remove meat from brine about 1 hour before cooking, set in shallow pan or bowl and allow brine to drip off - do not rinse.
- Place meat vertically in The Big Easy cooking basket (use skewers to hold in place) and place basket with meat in the cooking chamber, cover with mesh lid.
- Ignite The Big Easy and cover with mesh lid for first 25 - 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove mesh lid and turn the control knob on the cooker to about half-way between full and off.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour and 35 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145°F is reached.
- Remove cooking basket from cooker, remove meat from basket and wrap with foil - place in shallow bowl or tray and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove drippings from the drip tray (that had been lined with food safe foil or drip pan). Skim off fatty bits and add to sauce pan.
- Reduce the juice for gravy, adding a teaspoon of flour, if needed, and 1/2 tablespoon of butter to finish when removed from heat.
- Slice and serve.