Say goodbye to lackluster, bland-tasting pork and chicken that tastes like – chicken. I’ve got a homemade dry rub for you that will restore your love affair with your mild, healthful meats. My blend of 12 spices creates a rub that’s sweet with a little heat – adding the right amount of zing to your chicken and pork without overpowering your guests. Why not double the recipe and use some now, and store some for later, so it’s ready for that last-minute, weeknight meal that may be in need of a quick kick!
This pork and chicken rub is sweet with a little heat.
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup smoked sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons Morton's Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground Malabar Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons Piri Piri or chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon rubbed thyme
- Sift all of the ingredients through a fine mesh.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Store in a sealed airtight container.
Use this BBQ rub on all cuts of pork and chicken!