You know how they say that “the best things in life are free?” Well, the best things in life are also simple. Like this easy grilled New York strip steak recipe. Salt. Pepper. Sear marks. Life could not be more simple – or delicious.
When you want a high-end dinner at home that beats 5-star restaurant-quality (seriously), just fire up your Char-Broil® Grill, season the steaks, and sear. Even better when you do all of this with drink-in-hand. Cheers!
- 2 8-ounce New York Strip Steaks, 1 inch thick
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Remove steaks from packaging and dry with paper towels.
- Lightly season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Rest for 30 minutes.
- Place steaks on hot preheated grill (450°F to 650°F) for approximately 3 minutes per side to make sear marks. (Use tongs to turn.)
- Depending on thickness of steaks and desired doneness, you may also rotate the steaks about 90 degrees to form cross-hatch sear marks.
- Turn the heat down to medium and move steaks away from the direct heat, either to the warming rack or to the other side of the grill so the steak can finish cooking.
- Check for doneness using an instant-read thermometer (130°F for rare doneness).
- Remove steaks from grill and allow to rest for at least 2 minutes on a warm plate or platter. (The steaks will continue to cook while resting and raise to approximately 140°F for medium rare.)