Pork tenderloin is a mouth-watering tender cut that can simply be grilled, broiled or pan-sautéed. This recipe for great grilled pork tenderloin is so simple that by time you’re done with the preparation steps, you’re almost ready to eat.
Fire up the grill–you’re only minutes away from a great piece of meat you can build the rest your meal around. Who says you can’t have your pork tenderloin and eat it, too?
- 1 12-ounce pork tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons your favorite dry rub
- Place pork tenderloin in a large sealable plastic kitchen storage bag.
- Use a mallet and pound out the tenderloin until flat and about ½-thick.
- Remove tenderloin from bag and liberally sprinkle CB’s Basic Dry Rub on meat surface and rub into meat.
- Place tenderloin in bag and rest on the countertop for 20-30 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce to bag, seal and massage wet ingredients to cover all surfaces of meat. Allow to rest another 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to HIGH and make sure the grates are CLEAN.
- Remove tenderloin from plastic bag and discard bag.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM and place tenderloin on one side of the grill with grate crossing width of meat and grill for about 5 minutes.
- Use a long metal spatula sprayed with cooking spray or oiled on both sides and slide under meat, turning the uncooked side to new grids.
- Grill for another 5 minutes.
- Remove meat from grill and allow to rest, covered for approximately 5 minutes.
- Use a thermometer to check for doneness 145°F for Medium-Rare, 160°F for Medium, 170°F for Well, remembering that internal temperatures of the meat will continue to cook for while it rests.
- Slice meat across the width in completely vertical cuts. Resist the temptation to cut meat on the bias as that will increase chewiness.
- Present meat on plate and top with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest and any fresh herbs you may have parsley, thyme, rosemary, etc. for garnish.