What happens when you add creamy Arla Dofino® Havarti to your burger? It explodes with flavor. Havarti’s soft texture makes it great for melting and the mild, buttery cheese has a slightly nutty flavor that pairs well with burgers. Check out this recipe the chefs at ARLA created just for Char-Broil and tell us if you don’t agree.
- 1 pound minced lean steak/beef
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- small bunch fresh parsley or other herb of your choice, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounce pack Dofino® Havarti cheese, cut into slices
- Combine meat with onion, chopped herbs and seasoning, mix well and then use enough of the beaten egg to bind mixture.
- Form into 4 rounds and pat into a burger shape.
- Heat grill to medium hot.
- Cook burgers, turning occasionally to ensure even browning and cooking.
- When the burgers are just ready, (USDA 160°F internal temperature) layer slices of Dofino Havarti, return to heat and allow cheese to melt.
- Serve on a roll.