Bringing salad to life the outdoor griller’s way.
So the meat and fish are on the grill and cooking merrily away. While you’re waiting for them to finish is an ideal time to put on some romaine lettuce wedges. I like to cook these fast, just long enough to get a little grill mark. Serve everything up with a South American inspired chimichurri sauce and watch the smiles and hear the lip-smacking happiness.
Chimichurri is a South American sauce that adds flavor to any meat or fish.
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper,diced
- 1 green apple, cored and diced
- Zest from one lemon and one lime, mixed
- Put the cilantro, parsley and garlic in a food processor and pulse while adding the olive oil to achieve a nice puree that is still somewhat chunky. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Use the red pepper, jalapeno pepper, apple, lemon and lime zest to customize your chimichurri. I would suggest apple with the pork chop, citrus zests with the fish, jalapeño with the steak or try your own combinations.