The steak for this sandwich comes out perfectly on Char-Broil’s Gourmet 2-Burner TRU-Infrared grill. Juicy and delicious with no flare ups! If you are looking for an alternative to burgers or hotdogs this weekend, this is just the ticket.
This herb-encrusted steak pairs well with a zesty horseradish dressing and makes for an excellent sandwich choice year round!
- 1 New York Strip steak, about 1 pound, 2-inches thick
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 4-6 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- olive oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of horseradish
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of stone ground or Dijon mustard
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- squeeze of fresh lemon
- dash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and add enough olive oil to make a thick paste.
- Rub paste on steak and then tightly wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Remove steak from fridge and remove most of the herb rub.
- Grill to desired doneness.
- Let the steak rest before slicing.
- As the steak rests, butter the bread then toast on the grill for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and slather on bread.
- Garnish with lettuce and tomato or others to taste.