Kiwi kocktail sauce is the coolest thing ever. It has all the spice and tang of a tomato-based sauce, but it’s green. Since everyone is going green, why shouldn’t your kocktail sauce? Try this easy and delicious sauce and you may never see kocktail sauce the same way again.
Grilling shrimp is easy because they have a built-in thermometer. Preheat the grill to medium high. Add your favorite rub or seasoning to the shrimp. Put them on the grill and turn after 1-2 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp. When they begin to turn pink and the flesh is opaque, they’re done.
Now, here’s the kiwi kocktail sauce recipe to pair with your shrimp!
Go green with this zesty Kiwi Kocktail Sauce.
- 2 jalapeños
- 5 kiwis
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 grilled onion
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Put the jalapeños on the grill and roast them until the skin is charred and blistered.
- Remove jalapeños from grill and place in a paper bag to sweat for a few minutes.
- Once they are cool enough to handle, peel off the charred skin under running water. Make a slit and discard the seeds.
- Cut the kiwis in half and coop out each side with a spoon. Discard the fuzzy skin.
- Place all the ingredients except the lime juice and zest into a blender and blend until the sauce has a smooth consistency.
- Add the lime juice and zest and stir gently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with grilled shrimp, fish or chicken.
This is a great make-ahead cocktail sauce that will keep refrigerated for two weeks.