Be the king of the grill with a tasty dish that’s so simple you’ll both be saying “Thank you very much.”
Making a special Valentine’s Day meal for your person of interest, whether it’s your spouse of 22 years or a new flame, can create a lot of pressure. This simple grilled pork tenderloin with grilled pears, pomegranate and Red Zinfandel sauce has the wow factor without the “what-was-I-thinking” remorse.
The first recipe is a simple Love Potion Rub for the tenderloin (then again, are love potions ever simple?). Feel free to tinker with your own potion. Rub the tenderloin one to two hours ahead. Pick out a smaller tenderloin for two, or ask your butcher for a half.
A Love Potion Rub for a small pork tenderloin or chicken breast. Double for larger pork cuts.
- 2 teaspoons ground chili pepper - to spice up the love life
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice - to keep it interesting
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - for vitality
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt - to remember that beach vacation you took together
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper - to keep your love grounded in the present
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Mix spices together.
- Rub the pork tenderloin in oil and then sprinkle the rub all over the tenderloin.
- Wrap the tenderloin back in butcher paper or in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Take out 20 minutes before grilling.
© Julie Reinhardt, She-Smoke, 2014-