For many, Montreal Steak Spice is a go-to spice rub. And, while it is readily available in just about any grocery store, it’s super easy to make at home.
I prefer mine ground finer than store bought. Take care when seasoning since these grinds are much finer and you don’t need nearly as much as the regular store-bought version.
Montreal Steak Spice is a go-to spice rub for many. You can buy it in just about any grocery store, but its super easy to make your own version at home.
- 3 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 3 tablespoons Butcher Grind Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Onion
- 1 tablespoon Dill
- 1 tablespoon Ground Coriander
- 1 tablespoon Thai Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Dried Mustard
- MIx all ingredients in a small bowl then transfer to a grinder.
- Grind for 10-15 seconds until fully mixed and finely ground.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use on pork, and beef.
Of course, the best thing to use it on is STEAK!!! I love a good steak. I like to cut my own when possible. I buy the cuts of beef whole, cut individual steaks and freeze them in plastic wrap inside two-gallon storage bags. No chance of freezer burn! Bone-in Rib Eyes are my favorite, so whenever they are on sale, I stock up.
This dish was served during the week at a casual dinner party. I served the meat sliced on the cutting board alongside a simple salad and a broccoli casserole. I love mid-week dinner parties since they make the week go by faster. For me, communal dining with friends and family is just a pleasure of life. Nothing cements friendships better than breaking bread together, or in this case, enjoying a delicious steak dinner.
There's nothing better than a perfectly cooked bone in rib eye with homemade Montreal steak spice.
- 6 lbs Bone in Rib Eye Steaks cut 2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup Montreal Steak Spice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat
- Lightly oil the grill with canola oil.
- Lightly sprinkle Montreal Steak Spice on the steaks
- Grill each side for 10-15 minutes until done to your preferred likeness.
- Remove & rest the steaks lightly tented with foil for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice & Serve