Shrimp is one of the easiest foods to grill because they are cooked so fast. As soon as both sides turn pink, they’re done. Shrimp is perfect for a backyard barbeque because they’re ready in minutes, leaving time to enjoy the company of your guests.
We’re especially fond of creating delicious rubs and sauces like the Moroccan-style spice rub to give shrimp an extra kick. It’s also great on other fish like salmon or red snapper. This recipe will make more than you’ll need for shrimp so save it in a cool, dry place in an airtight container. Trust us, you’ll be thrilled to have extra.
This spice mixture's distinctive flavor will surprise and impress your guests.
- 1/3 cup curry powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Zest from half an orange
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- Rosemary sprigs as skewers or wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 9-ounce jar cocktail sauce
- Mix the first nine ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat the grill to medium hot.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the rub mixture.
- Skewer the shrimp three or so to a skewer.
- Grill shrimp until both sides are a bright orange pink.
- Serve on skewers or remove and place in a glass with cocktail sauce.