There’s nothing cool about dried-out pork. To deliver moist and delicious competition-style pork butt, all you need is an injector. You’re guaranteed flavor-filled, moist meat every time. You can inject fruit juices, melted butter, broths – you name it. Mix and match flavors and meats and you’ll produce moist meat just like the pros.
This is a tasty, peachy injection that goes well with all things pork.
- 2 cups Peach Nectar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Butcher BBQ Phosphate
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon MSG
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly by whisking in a bowl.
- Set aside in fridge for a minimum 4 hours or overnight prior to injecting pork.
- Inject 8-10 ounces of injection into each pork butt.
- Be sure to inject every square inch of the butt.
- When complete generously season the pork butt with BBQ rub and set aside for a minimum 4 hours or overnight in a fridge.
Do not use a blender to mix the injection as it will overactivate the phosphates.