Nachos are always a family or game-time favorite. But when you turn plain old nachos into pulled pork nachos, then you take that tried-and-true game day favorite to an over-the-top new level.
What’s especially great about this recipe is that you can make the pork a day ahead in The Big Easy® Smoker Roaster & Grill (which means less worry the day-of an event or party, so you can just focus on entertaining and having fun). Cooking the pork really is as easy as seasoning a pork butt with your favorite BBQ rub, dropping it in the smoker, adding wood chips, and letting the machine do all the work. Then on game day, you just have to set up a nacho bar with all of your favorite toppings and dig in!
- 1 large bag corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups pulled pork
- ¼ cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sour cream
- Get creative!
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Place 1/3 of the tortilla chips on the bottom of a disposable aluminum pan.
- Top the tortilla chips with 1/3 of the pulled pork, 1/3 of the barbecue sauce, 1/3 of the shredded cheese, 1/3 of the black olives and 1/3 of the chopped red onion.
- Repeat for the additional two layers.
- Place the pan on the grill and close the lid. Heat for 10-20 minutes or until all the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Remove the pan from the grill and top the nachos with chopped tomatoes and sliced jalapenos.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.