One of the great things about grilling is it’s one of the healthiest options for cooking available. Combine this with a healthy menu, and the enjoyment and relaxation of cooking outdoors, and you can’t go wrong.
We’ve all heard that salmon is an excellent source of many nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids, and what better way to add this hearty fish to your diet than making it a regular on your grilling schedule. To get you started, try this tasty salmon and vegetable dish.
- 1 8 to 12 ounce salmon fillet
- 1 medium purple or red onion, chopped
- 4 small plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can Mexican corn
- All-purpose seasoning
- Seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh dill
- On a cutting board, dice the red onion into quarter-inch pieces.
- Seed and dice the tomatoes and bell pepper into quarter-inch pieces.
- Combine the onion, tomatoes, bell pepper and the Mexican corn in a bowl and reserve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, sugar and white wine vinegar and put aside.
- Stream in the olive oil while continuing to whisk.
- Season the salmon with seafood seasoning.
- Heat the Cast Iron Skillet (we used the Cast Iron Panini Press) on a grill with medium-high heat.
- Place the salmon skin side up and cook until golden and a little crispy at the edges, 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 2 minutes more for a pink center, or 4 minutes for opaque fish.
- Pour in the vegetables around the salmon and sprinkle the vegetables with all-purpose seasoning.
- Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring the vegetables occasionally.
- Remove from grill and top with fresh dill.
- Transfer the salmon to a serving plate, top with the vegetables, and cover with a liberal amount of the mustard dressing.