When you want healthy, infrared cooking on any grill or campfire, Char-Broil®’s Grill Infusion Cooker will instantly become your next best friend and grilling companion. The multi-purpose infuser requires no added salts, fats or oil to produce juicy, delicious results with chicken, roasts, seafood or vegetables.
In order to put this infusion cooker to the ultimate test, we wanted to see how it would handle delicate salmon (easy to over-cook, if not done properly!). We prepared an Asian marinade to give it a distinct flavor and got cookin’. The results? Perfectly flaky salmon fresh off the grill.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds salmon fillet(s)
- In a small bowl, stir together the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, and garlic.
- Place the salmon fillets a small baking dish along with the marinade and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes; or up to one hour in the refrigerator.
- Set your grill to HIGH and preheat the grill for 10-15 minutes or until maximum temperature is reached.
- While grill is preheating, place infuser grate into infuser bottom.
- Place salmon onto the infuser grate and discard the excess marinade.
- Place lid on infuser bottom.
- Put grill infuser onto cooking grate.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes on high or internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Remove infuser lid with spatula or oven mitts.
- Remove grill infuser from grill with oven mitts and serve.