Char-Broil® All-Star David Olson is a big fan of the warmer months – and fortunately for us, he has a talent for creating light and fresh summer recipes that are amazing on your Char-Broil® grill – and even better at a sultry summer backyard barbecue.
This recipe for Rosemary-Mint Lamb Chops features a flavor punch with a unique combination of herbs that many of us can find in a backyard garden – or are plentifully available at your nearest grocer. Just a few simple steps and you’ll be enjoying the sizzle of summer!
Lamb chops get a flavor punch with fresh mint, rosemary and thyme.
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for basting
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8-12 lamb chops
- Combine the mint, rosemary, thyme, garlic and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a food processor, pulsing to create a marinade. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the lamb chops in an air-tight container and pour marinade over the chops. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling to allow them to return to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Grill the lamb chops for 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare; 5-6 minutes per side for medium, basting occasionally with olive oil.
- Remove the chops from the grill when the internal temperature is 135 degrees for medium-rare or 145 degrees for medium.
- Tent under tin foil for 3-5 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and serve with a garnish of mint leaves.
Don't let the long prep time alarm you - the chops need to marinate at least 2 hours.