There’s something special about outdoor breakfasts on the grill. Though Eggs Benedict sounds fancy and therefore must be challenging to create, you might be surprised with the simplicity of being able to cook the entire dish on your grill.
You’ll need a grill with a side burner and plenty of room for the eggs, ham and English muffins, such as the Char-Broil® TRU-Infrared™. What a great way to start the day!
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons butter, plus 2 additional tablespoons of butter for frying eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper or to taste
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 slices of ham
- 2 English muffins, split
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Whisk the lemon juice into the egg yolks over low heat on the side burner of the grill.
- Add 6 tablespoons of butter to egg mixture, one tablespoon at a time and whisk constantly over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a cast iron pan on the side burner.
- Fry eggs, basting with butter until the whites are set but the yolks remain runny.
- While the eggs are frying, grill the ham slices.
- Toast the English muffin halves on the grill, cut side down.
- To assemble the Eggs Benedict, place a muffin side on a plate, and top with the ham, egg and sauce.