Pork is so good at absorbing flavors such as smoke and BBQ that when properly prepared, it can produce some of the most versatile, tender, tasty treats anywhere.
Pork steaks are pork shoulder, just cut into steak form. Simple enough, right? And there are very few things in life better than smoked BBQ pork steaks grilled on the Char-Broil® Commercial Series TRU-Infrared™ T-47D 4-Burner Gas Grill.
First, make a rub for the pork steaks. Then rub the steaks evenly and they’re are ready for the grill!
The Infrared™ 4-burner is ideal for grilling these pork steaks, and the end result…sweet, smoky, juicy and oh so tender. Try it for yourself!
These pork steaks combine a dry rub, beer and barbecue sauce. A nice amount of smoke adds just the right kick.
- 4 pork shoulder steaks ¼ to ½-inch thick
- Bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 can of your favorite beer
- Grill spray or oil
- BBQ brush
- 4 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Prep the grill for indirect low high heat (250-300F). One side should be turned off.
- Mix all dry ingredients together and rub the pork steaks with the pork rub; refrigerate for one hour to overnight.
- Place the steaks on the grill and add wood chips. Smoke for about 30-45 minutes. Brush during cooking with a mix of BBQ sauce and your favorite beer (80% BBQ sauce and 20% beer). Brush to keep moist.
- Increase the temperature to 350-400F to finish (an additional 45 minutes or so).
- Finish the steaks by moving them to direct heat to caramelize and brown. Cook pork until an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- Take pork steaks off grill off and let rest. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.