Chicken-wings that supply a surprisingly sweet kick in the mouth.
Tired of the wings done the same way by every restaurant, wanna-be chef, and weekend warrior griller? At your next gathering, try something sweet and spicy and different, with just a hint of Thanksgiving hidden in every bite.
The cranberry sauce adds zip to these wings
- 3 pounds of chicken wings
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 14 ounces of jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tabasco or other hot sauce
- S & P to taste
- Remove tips from wings, freeze for use in stock.
- Combine the other ingredients until smooth, reverve 1 cup for basting, and pour the rest over wings placed in sealable plastic bag, Marinate for 1 hour up to overnite.
- Remove wings from bag and wipe off excess marinade
- Place on Medium Hot grates over direct heat and grill about 10-12 minutes per side, remove to holding pan and baste during final 5 minutes of cooking.
This recipe was prepared by Barry CB Martin on The Weather Channel - April 21, 2012