The next time you’re invited to a cook out, bring this easy tortellini salad with salami and peppers. The host will appreciate your thoughtfulness and if his chicken wings don’t make the grade, you’ll have something to eat.
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 8-10 ounce package fresh tortellini
- ½ cup chopped yellow pepper
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green olives
- 1/3 cup diced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup diced Italian dried salami
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Make the vinaigrette by combining the sherry vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until an emulsion forms. Reserve.
- Boil the tortellini in 2 quarts of water for about four minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and add the vinaigrette while the pasta is warm. Let the tortellini cool for about five minutes in the vinaigrette so the pasta soaks up the dressing.
- Add the yellow and red peppers, olives, cheese, salami, parsley and oregano. Mix thoroughly and chill an hour before serving.
A salad recipe is just a suggestion. If you don't like some of the ingredients, leave them out and add the ones you do love.