Housing, F/ Cooking Grate, Ir

Housing, F/ Cooking Grate, Ir

Model #3488898
Material No
Color No
Size No

  • Measures approximately 18.4"L x 8.7"W
  • Please check your owner's manual to make sure this part will work with your grill.
  • Part replaces part number G515-4800-W1.



    • Manufacturer: Char-Broil
    Housing, F/ Cooking Grate, Ir is rated 4.0867 out of 5 by 173.
    Rated 1 out of 5 by from Grate Housing Tray poorly engineered The grate housing tray on my Char-Broil Infrared BBQ rusted out in about 1 year. This despite the BBQ being stored under cover, and covered with a fitted outdoor cover. To me, it's obvious the metal screening was not up to the task, too thin, and poorly engineered. Up to this point, I felt Char-Broil was one of the better BBQ's, but I'm less convinced of that now.
    Date published: 2014-06-10
    Rated 2 out of 5 by from The grate housing tray is not durable. The overall design of the Lowes Infrared Commercial is bad. The rack that holds the flame retarders are a part of the fire box and cannot be replaced. You have to order the entire box for $80.00, dismantle the top half of the grill to replace it. The Grate Housing does not hold up, the metal rust over time. The grates are extremely difficult to maintain and clean even with the various grill cleaners recommended by Char Broil. Over all I would not purchase this grill again. It cooks great but the quality of the grate housing, grates and the flame retarders is poor.
    Date published: 2014-06-11
    • 2015-05-22T07:00CST
    • bvseo_cps, prod_bvrr, vn_cps_3.1.3
    • cp_1, bvpage1
    • co_hasreviews, tv_10, tr_163
    • loc_en_US, sid_3488898, PRD, sort_mostHelpful
    • clientName_Charbroil

    I have a 3Burner Quantum and the Lower Grate Housing has rusted through on what I thought were stainless parts, the upper grates are also coming apart.

    Asked by: marobertson
    This infrared housing tray is stainless steel. Please provide us with the model number for your grill and we will be able to provide more information. This model number should be on the rating label, on the back towards the bottom of the grill, and also on the front cover of the product guide. The model number normally begins with 46. Follow this link for more information... http://support.charbroil.com/help/parts/find-my-model#charcoal
    Answered by: DustinR
    Date published: 2015-05-20

    Does this cooking grate tray part PP come with one tray or both for 29.99?

    Asked by: AndrewK
    This is a single grate housing tray. It does not come in a set.
    Answered by: DustinR
    Date published: 2015-05-07
    • 2015-05-22T07:25CST
    • bvseo_cps, prod_bvqa, vn_cps_3.1.3
    • cp_1, bvpage1
    • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_96
    • loc_en_US, sid_3488898, PRD, sort_recentAnswersFirst
    • clientName_Charbroil