Loryn Purvis
lpurvis

menutherapyblog.com
Loryn Purvis is a chef and caterer living with her family in sunny Southern California. She graduated from San Diego Culinary Institute in 2011 and has since worked in a five-star kitchen, created an online meal planning service and become a published recipes author. She’s also catered events ranging from Burger Bars to glamorous cocktails parties on private yachts. Sharing delicious meals with friends and family is Loryn’s primary passion and when she’s not cooking, she can be found on the beach, strolling through farmers markets or the checking out new Orange County hot spots.

Loryn Purvis's posts

Sweet and Spicy Grilled Pork and Pineapple Kebabs

This time of year is when my social media feeds start getting overloaded with dreamy vacation photos. Couples on the beach, families hiking to waterfalls, kids splashing in the waves, and of course, those super fun luaus with mouth-watering buffets, where an entire hog has been wrapped in banana leaves and slow-cooked underground for days. Read More »

Grilled Clams with Chorizo White Wine Butter Sauce

As every new season rolls in, I find myself saying it’s my favorite time of year. I guess it’s because I live in the land of no seasons, so they all feel pretty great and worth celebrating. Summer is special because the days are long and the weekends seem to stretch on and on. We Read More »

Mini Tequila-Lime Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa

Whenever tacos are involved, sign me up! Taco Tuesday is not just an advertising gimmick; it’s a way of life. Tacos are so much fun to eat because they’re basically a blank slate that can house all of your favorite flavor combinations. There are chicken, pork, steak, vegetarian and even fish tacos! If taco tasting was Read More »

Crowd-Pleasing Nachos

We love a good chip party at our house. Chips, dip, friends and some kind of game on TV makes for a pretty awesome afternoon in my book. And, I’m always looking for an excuse to throw a chip party. First day of Daylight Savings Time? Chip Party! Random Thursday afternoon? Chip Party, everyone! Cinco Read More »

Grilled Leg of Lamb

Lamb is to Easter what turkey is to Thanksgiving. It’s tradition, expected and all too often, it’s just average. Not this time! This time, I’m embracing tradition while adding a twist by slow-grilling a bone-in leg of lamb to tender, juicy perfection. This year, our family’s set to host Easter and I know I won’t Read More »

Garlic Pepper Chicken, Asparagus with Dill Vinaigrette and Purple Cauliflower

After the wettest winter in California history—at least my seven-year California history—I’m glad to finally have some sunshine! Warm weather means getting outside, soaking up some Vitamin D and, most importantly, putting some food on the grill. The first grill of the season is important for a number of reasons. It not only signifies longer, Read More »