Looking for a new recipe to spice up your burger? Try this delicious fusion fajita burger topped with grilled onions, peppers, manchego cheese, and homemade guacamole.
Char Grilled Fajita Burger Recipe
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 teas cumin
- 1 teas paprika
- ½ teas cayenne pepper
- ½ teas garlic powder
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Onion, sliced into ¼” slices
- 1 Green pepper, stemmed seeded and sliced
- 1 Red pepper, stemmed seeded and sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6 manchego cheese slices
- ¼ cup homemade Guacamole
- Lettuce and tomato for serving
- 6 Toasted brioche buns
For the Fajita Seasoning:
For the Burgers:
- Whisk the fajita seasonings in a bowl together. Set aside.
- Prep your charcoal in your half-time chimney starter. and allow the coals to get covered in a thin layer of ash before carefully transferring to your Char-Broil Kettlemen Grill for offset heat with clean oiled grates (or if using the Char-Broil Gas to Coal grill, allow the coals to get a thin layer of ash before proceeding). Allow the grates to heat up.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 tablespoons of the fajita seasoning into the ground beef. Form the ground beef into 6 patties, make a dimple in the center of each with your thumb, and season the outsides with salt and pepper.
- Toss the onion and peppers in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Arrange the veggies in a grill basket and place on the cooler side of the grill to cook, tossing occasionally until veggies are charred and softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange the patties on the cool side of the grill with lid closed, cooking to desired temperature, flipping once halfway through for even cooking.
- Toast the buns.
- With a minute to go, arrange the manchego cheese over the burgers and close the lid to allow the cheese to melt. Remove from grill and allow to rest.
- Arrange the buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Top with a burger, a dollop of guacamole and a healthy pile of fresh grilled onions and peppers. Top off with the buns, serve and enjoy your Char Grilled Fajita Burgers!