Troubleshooting<- BACK TO SmartChef® Help
CONNECTIVITY - After completing the network set up, the DADO light is off and smoker icon does not appear in dashboard.Last Update : 05/11/2016
This is either a delay in communication between the router and the smoker or a range issue between the router and smoker. When the DADO light is off it means your smoker recognizes your home wifi network, but cannot consistently communicate with the cloud.
- • Allow up to five minutes for the router and the smoker to establish a connection. If the DADO light remains off, it is likely a range issue.
- • Consult network set up tips to be sure your smoker is set up properly and within range of your router
- - You may have to move your router to create a more unobstructed and shorter path between the router and the smoker. Try to avoid dense wall materials like brick and cement, and if you cannot avoid them, try to create a clear line of sight to the router through windows or doors.
- - It is critical to point the control panel of the smoker in the direction of the router.
- • If reconfiguring your network set up or moving your smoker closer to the router does not work please call customer service at 1-866-239-6777