How To Use A Smoker Box In Your Gas Grill
- Soak wood chips in water for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Dry chips will produce smoker more quickly, but will not last as long.
- Drain the chips of excess water. Place them in the Smoker Box.
- Place the Smoker Box on top of the cooking grate above the flame.
- Turn your grill on high until the wood starts to smoke.
- Reduce heat to desired temperature.
- Place food on the grate opposite the smoker box for slow, indirect cooking.
- Close the barbecue grill lid to contain the smoke inside the grill.