Electric Smoker Troubleshooting<- BACK TO Electric Grill Support
Can I use an extension cord?Last Update : 11/22/2016
For best performance, we do not recommend using an extension cord. If you must use an extension cord, for your safety, use the following:
• Use only outdoor type with 3 prong grounding plug.
• Rated for 15 amperes or more
• Approved by UL
• Marked with a W-A and a tag stating “Suitable for Use with Outdoor Appliance”.
• Use the shortest length extension cord required. Do not connect 2 or more extension cords together.
• A 12 or 14 gauge extension cord of 50 ft. or less is acceptable.
• Do not use 16 or 18 gauge extension cords. Damage to household wiring and/or fire could result.
• Keep connections dry and off of the ground.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table top or other items where it can be pulled by children or tripped over.