Step 2: Choose Your Veggies
When it comes to grilling vegetables, your options are endless. No matter which veggies you pick, here are some helpful tips for when it's time to cook:
- Pick your favorites – Choose whichever vegetables you like the most and look the freshest. You can grill pretty much any vegetable — asparagus, zucchini, portobello mushrooms, onions, peppers and more.
- Chop wisely – Cut up your veggies, but not too small. Try to cut them evenly, too, so they cook consistently.
- Prepare the grill – High, direct heat works best. Preheat it for 10-15 minutes. Lightly coat vegetables with oil before grilling.
- Stay organized – Grouping similar vegetables together will eliminate overcooking or undercooking. Some vegetables take longer than others.
- Cook for the entire week – If you can't get motivated to grill vegetables every night, try cooking them all at once at the beginning of the week. Then you can reheat them with each meal. They'll stay fresher, last longer, and wipe out any excuses.