Your Personal InformationChar-Broil, LLC’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide a relevant, enjoyable, and personalized website experience. Your data also helps us develop better products and services to meet your needs, customize communications to match your preferences, and help you complete online activities and transactions with Char-Broil, LLC.
Information You ProvideIn order to interact with the Website, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. Additional information may be required for specific activities such as:
- Creating a user account: you will be asked to provide a user id and password
- Registering your Char-Broil product: you will be asked to provide product information such as model and serial number, purchase date, price, retailer name, and proof of purchase.
- Purchasing from the Website: you will be asked to provide credit card information along with billing and shipping address information.
Information We Collect
We may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/.
- to remember your country and language preferences;
- to help keep track of temporary information such as downloaded recipes;
- to remember you when you login to the places on our site that require registration;
- to help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns;
- to collect and record information about what you viewed on our website and what you viewed in our e-mail;
- to manage and present site information appropriate for your browser and deliver information specific to your interests.
Web Beacons:We also place small "tracker gifs" or "beacons" on many of the pages on our Website and in our e-mails. We use these beacons, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including, but not limited to, the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), the type of operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac, etc.), the domain name of Internet service providers, and other non-personal information included in GOOGLE Analytics. This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole, in aggregate. Web beacons are not used to access or store your personal information.
Disabling Cookies and Beacons:Session cookies We set expire and are deleted when you leave the Website. If you are uncomfortable with the collection of information gathered through the use of persistent cookies and beacons, you should disable these features through your browser preferences before accessing the Website; however, please understand this may limit the performance, functionality, and relevance of your experience on the Website. Your browser documentation should provide specific procedures for disabling cookie and beacon support.
IP Address:We analyze IP addresses in aggregate for system administration purposes and to gather broad demographic information about our visitors. We do not link IP addresses to your computer's User ID, with the following exception: when you place an order using our online checkout process we may record your computer's IP address with your order to help us identify fraudulent credit card use. We may share this information with the financial institution that issued the credit card with which an order was placed or with law enforcement authorities if We determine, or are notified, that the use of the credit card was fraudulent.
Using Your InformationChar-Broil only uses your personal information to conduct business with you. Some examples include:
- creating and maintaining accounts
- processing, fulfilling, and following up on orders
- answering your e-mail
- communicating with you
- sending surveys
- registering products
- notifying you about promotions and other information regarding our products and services
- permitting the functionality of posting product reviews and questions and answers about products.
Sharing Your InformationYour personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to any third party. Char-Broil, LLC may share your personal information as follows:
- Companies who work on our behalf: Char-Broil contracts with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf, which may involve limited access to your personal information. Char-Broil requires these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services; they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services. Some examples of these business support functions include email delivery, coupon fulfillment, customer survey execution, customer support, purchasing trends, retargeting and remarketing.
- Parent corporation and sister companies: W.C. Bradley Co. is the parent corporation to Char-Broil, LLC. W.C. Bradley Co. has several other affiliated companies or business units. We may share your information with a W.C. Bradley Co.-affiliated company or business unit, with the requirement that they not transfer your information to another party for marketing purposes.
- Business Transfers: Char-Broil reserves the right to disclose or transfer your personal information in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets.
- Law Enforcement: Char-Broil may disclose personal information to third parties without your consent for any of the following reasons: to comply with any law, regulation or court order, to cooperate with government investigations, to help prevent fraud or when reasonably necessary to enforce or protect the rights of Char-Broil, third parties or the public at large. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that personal information you provide may be transferred to and stored in servers located in the United States and may be accessible to U.S. law enforcement and security authorities.
Your Choices about Receiving E-mail
- Char-Broil will give you an opportunity to let us know your preference regarding the receiving of promotional e-mail when you provide us with your personal information or when we send you e-mail. Promotional e-mail that you receive from Char-Broil or its affiliates will tell you how to decline receiving future promotional e-mails.
- Char-Broil or its affiliates may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate you do not want to receive them.
- Finally, Char-Broil may send you e-mail about your orders or your account. These are transactional in nature—rather than promotional—and do not contain unsubscribe capability as we need to communicate to fulfill our business obligation with you.