Grilled Beef Bulgogi Bowl
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1 pear, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
FOR THE BOWL
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 heads baby bok choy, cut in half
- 4 eggs, hard boiled, cut in half
- 8 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds (Optional)
- fresh cilantro (Optional)
In a bowl, whisk together the pear, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and 1/3 cup sesame oil.
Transfer the mixture to a plastic bag and add the sliced beed. Move the bag around to coat the beef on all sides.
Marinade the beef for 30 minutes to overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat the grill to medium high heat, 350°F to 400°F.
Drizzle the remaining 3 tablespoons of sesame oil over the top of the peppers, onions and bok choy. Then, season with salt and pepper.
Remove the sliced beef from the marinade and discard. Evenly spread the beef directly over the grates. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until a desired internal temperature is reached. Remove from the grill and let rest for 4 to 5 minutes.
At the same time that the beef is placed onto the grill, add the peppers, onions, and bok choy to the grates. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the vegetables are tender.
To plate, add 2 cups of cooked rice to a bowl. Add some cooked beef, vegetables and a hard-boiled egg to the bowl around the rice. Repeat 3 more times for a total of 4 servings. Garnish with optional sesame seeds and cilantro leaves.
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.