Grilled and Blackened Fish Tacos
FOR THE HALIBUT
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning
- 1 pound halibut fish fillets
FOR THE MANGO-AVOCADO SALSA
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small mango, peeled and diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- < juice of 1 lime
- < salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE TACOS
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup Mango-Avocado Salsa
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese
If halibut is not in season, you can substitute with cod or sea bass.
Preheat grill to 400°F.
Combine olive oil and blackened seasoning on a large plate. Coat the fish on all sides.
Place halibut on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side until dark grill marks are formed and the fish flakes with a fork.
Set tortillas on the grill and heat for 30 seconds.
Combine olive oil with mango, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper in a medium-size bowl.
Crumble the cooked fish and load onto tortilla shells. Top with cabbage, Mango-Avocado Salsa and Cotija cheese.
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.