Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Peppers
For the Peppers
- 7 bell peppers, red or green
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups (15-ounce can) black beans, strained
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) chorizo sausage, pre-cooked, sliced
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- > salt & pepper to taste
- > cilantro, chopped
Preheat your grill to 400°F.
Slice off the top ½” of each bell pepper. Remove seeds and discard. Place the peppers cut side up in a 10” cast iron skillet.
Combine rice, tomatoes, beans, corn, onions, chorizo sausage, enchilada sauce, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl.
Fill each pepper with mixture, packing the peppers tight.
Top each pepper with shredded cheese.
Place skillet directly on the grill. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and melted and the peppers are hot and cooked throughout.
Top with chopped cilantro.
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.