Grilled Korean BBQ Recipe
For the Beef
- 2 skirt steaks (1 1/2 to 2 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
For the Bulgogi Marinade
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
For the Asian Slaw
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together green onions, garlic, hot pepper flakes, black pepper, sesame oil, honey and rice vinegar.
Place steaks in plastic zip-top bag. Add marinade, seal and squeeze to distribute marinade. Refrigerate for 6 hours to overnight.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine red cabbage, carrot, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic powder and black pepper. Set aside.
Preheat grill to 450°F.
Place steaks on hot grill grates and cook until internal temperature reaches 135°F on an instant-read thermometer , 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Remove steaks from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
Cut steaks into 1/4-inch slices.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Serve with Asian slaw on the side.
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.