Grilled Mexican Chorizo and Garlic Shrimp Burger
For the Burgers
- 2 pounds Mexican chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 1/2 cup burger sauce or your favorite condiment
For the Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound medium-sized shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Pico de Gallo
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Divide chorizo meat into 6 equal-sized portions and form into patties.
Place shrimp in a medium-size bowl and add garlic, chili powder, salt and olive oil. Stir until shrimp is evenly coated. Set aside.
Preheat your grill to 450°F.
Place shrimp on hot grill grates, cook for 2 minutes per side and immediately remove from grill. Set aside.
5. Place chorizo patties on grates and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 4 minutes per side. Top each patty with a slice of cheese for the last minute of cooking.
In a medium-size bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Assemble the burgers onto toasted burger buns with burger sauce, lettuce, a grilled chorizo patty, 3 to 4 garlic shrimp and a spoonful of pico de gallo.
Serve with a side of Grilled Brussels Sprouts.
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.