Oyster Mushroom Scallops with White Wine Butter Sauce
For the Mushrooms
- 1 pound king oyster mushrooms, stems cut into 1 inch rounds and scored
- 1 nori sheet, pulsed in a food processor or crushed (alternately, 2 teaspoons kelp powder)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the Pasta & Sauce
- 1 pound pasta of your choice, cooked al dente (fettuccine preffered)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup plant butter, salted
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the Garnish
- 2-3 lemon wedges
- fresh parsley
- red pepper flakes, to taste
Turn the grill side burner on to medium heat. Add olive oil to a small saucepan and place on the burner.
Once heated, add your smashed garlic and sauté until golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool slightly. Add the remaining ingredients for the marinade, except for the mushrooms, and stir to combine.
Add your mushrooms to the marinade and allow to soak for 20 minutes.
Cook your pasta in a large pot of boiling water on high heat. Drain and set aside.
Place a small saucepan on the side burner over medium heat. Add white wine and butter. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until reduced by about 1/3.
Add the remaining sauce ingredients and reduce heat to low, stirring frequently with a wire whisk to combine. The sauce should be smooth and light in texture.
Add your pasta to the sauce and mix well using tongs. Cover with lid and set aside.
Preheat the grill to 400° F.
Place mushrooms on the grill. 3. Cook mushrooms 2 to 3 minutes per side until lightly charred. Brush marinade on mushrooms during cooking to add extra flavor and moisture.
Add a serving of pasta to the center of your plate. Take 5 to 6 grilled mushrooms pieces and plate over the pasta. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges. Top with a dash of red pepper flakes and enjoy!
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.