Paleo Grilled Chicken Caesar Cobb Salad
For the Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
For the Cobb Salad
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, halved
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 4 hardboiled eggs, halved
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
In a medium-size bowl, combine vegetable oil, dried oregano, pepper and salt. Add chicken breasts and flip to coat evenly. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat your grill to 450°F.
Place chicken breasts on the hot grill grate and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer , about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
Remove chicken from the grill. Let rest for 10 minutes; then cut into thick slices.
In a medium-size bowl, combine egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, capers, garlic and salt. Whisking constantly, add about 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, a few drops at a time, until the mixture is smooth. Whisk in the remaining vegetable oil in a steady stream until fully combined. Set aside.
Assemble the cobb salad with chunks of romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, avocados, eggs, bacon and grilled chicken. Drizzle with the Caesar salad dressing.
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.