Tomahawk Steak with Cowboy Butter
FOR THE TOMAHAWK STEAK
- 1 Tomahawk steak, 2 1/2-inches-thick
- 1 tablespoon sea salt, coarse
- 2 teaspoons pepper, coarse-ground
- 2 teaspoons garlic, granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
FOR THE COWBOY BUTTER
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Season both sides of steak with salt, pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes. Rest steak at room temperature for 2 hours.
While steak rests, mix Cowboy Butter ingredients into medium-size bowl.
Once mixed, place butter on parchment paper and form into a horizontal cylinder. Roll parchment paper around it, twist each end and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Create 2 cooking zones and reverse-sear your steak.
Hot TipCreate 2 cooking zones by using direct heat on one side of the grill and indirect on the other.
Once prepped, grill steak on indirect heat. Close lid and grill at 250°F for 25 minutes. Once internal temperature reaches 105°F, move steak over to direct heat. Grill each side for 2 minutes.
Take steak off grill, let rest for 10 minutes and top with slice of Cowboy Butter.
Suggested for this recipe
Made This Recipe?
Click the stars to rate it.