This SMARTCHEF® End User License Agreement ("Agreement") contains the terms and conditions under which limited use of the SMARTCHEF® application ("Application") is licensed to you ("End User" or "you") on "Devices" such as mobile phones, tablets, and personal computers.
THE APPLICATION IS ONLY INTENDED FOR USE WITH CHAR-BROIL, LLC’S ("CHAR-BROIL") SMARTCHEF® PRODUCTS THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM CHAR-BROIL OR ITS AUTHORIZED RESELLER ("PRODUCTS"). BY USING THE APPLICATION, YOU (A) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT; (B) REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER; AND (C) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY ITS TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU AGREE THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE TO, AND YOU WILL NOT USE, THE APPLICATION.
The Application is Software licensed to you by Char-Broil and, where applicable, by Char-Broil’s suppliers. The Software is licensed, not sold, to you. "Software" means any and all firmware programs provided with respect to the Product, any and all software programs, applications or "apps", all modified versions of and upgrades or improvements to such programs, all subsequent versions of such programs, and all copies of such programs and files.
1. License Grant. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Char-Broil grants you a limited, non-exclusive and nontransferable license to use the Software for your personal, non-commercial use on a Device controlled by you strictly in connection with your use of the Product and in compliance with the Product's instruction manual and grilling guide. If you choose to transfer ownership of the Product to a new owner, you agree to stop use of the Software.
2. License Restrictions. Licensee shall not:
- copy the Software, except as expressly permitted by this license;
- modify, translate, adapt or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable, of the Software;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Software or any part thereof;
- remove, delete, alter or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from the Software, including any copy thereof;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise make available the Software or any features or functionality of the Software, to any third party for any reason, including by making the Software available on a network where it is capable of being accessed by more than one device at any time;
- remove, disable, circumvent or otherwise create or implement any workaround to any copy protection, rights management or security features in or protecting the Software; or
- take any action that will infringe on the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of Char-Broil or any third party Software provider.
3. Reservation of Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Software is provided under license, and not sold, to you. You do not acquire any ownership interest in the Software under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the Software in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions and restrictions, under this Agreement. Char-Broil and its licensors and service providers reserve and shall retain their entire right, title and interest in and to the Software, including all copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights therein or relating thereto, except as expressly granted to you in this Agreement.
6. Geographic Restrictions. The Content and Services are based in the United States and provided for access and use only by persons located in the United States. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access all or some of the Content and Services outside of the United States and that access thereto may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Content and Services from outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
7. Updates. Char-Broil may from time to time in its sole discretion develop and provide Software updates, which may include upgrades, bug fixes, patches and other error corrections and/or new features (collectively, "Updates"). Updates may also modify or delete in their entirety certain features and functionality. You agree that Char-Broil has no obligation to provide any Updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features or functionality. Based on your Device settings, when your Device is connected to the internet either:
- the Software will automatically download and install all available Updates without further notice or prompting; or
- you may receive notice of or be prompted to download and install available Updates.
You shall promptly download and install all Updates and acknowledge and agree that the Software or portions thereof may not properly operate should you fail to do so. You further agree that all Updates will be deemed part of the Software and be subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement.
9. Term and Termination.
- The term of Agreement commences when you download/install the Software/acknowledge your acceptance and will continue in effect until terminated by you or Char-Broil as set forth in this Section 9.
- You may terminate this Agreement by deleting the Software and all copies thereof from your Device.
- Char-Broil may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice if it ceases to support the Software, which Char-Broil may do in its sole discretion. In addition, this Agreement will terminate immediately and automatically without any notice if you violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Upon termination:
- all rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate; and
- you must cease all use of the Software and delete all copies of the Software from your Device and account.
- Termination will not limit any of Char-Broil's rights or remedies at law or in equity. All provisions relating to proprietary rights shall survive the termination of this Agreement. .
10. . Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO LICENSEE "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CHAR-BROIL, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, CHAR-BROIL PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, SOFTWARES, SYSTEMS OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS OR BE ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF OR LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATIONS ON THE APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CHAR-BROIL OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR:
- PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR ANY OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES
- DIRECT DAMAGES IN AMOUNTS THAT IN THE AGGREGATE EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR CHAR-BROIL WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. General Limitations. The Software is provided as a convenience to you on an "as is" and as available basis. The Software is not a substitute for responsible and safe Product operation. You should not rely on the Software as a means of preventing accidents, fire or damage to the Product or home. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Product is maintained in good working order and that it is used in a safe and responsible manner. Char-Broil does not guarantee the results or the reliability or timeliness of the Application or its use. You agree that use of the Software is subject to limitations and restrictions outside of Char-Broil’s control (such as internet availability, environmental conditions such as buildings and topography, weather and atmospheric conditions, and availability of cell phone service, and satellite access) and as such Char-Broil cannot be held responsible for these limitations. Additional fees, taxes, terms, conditions and coverage areas apply and may vary by Device service plans. Your ability to use the Software is subject to your Device compatibility with the Software as such requirements may change from time to time. Compatibility of system requirements with the Software is your responsibility.
13. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Char-Broil and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of the Software or your breach of this Agreement. Furthermore, you agree that Char-Broil, LLC assumes no responsibility for the content you submit or make available through this Software.
14. Export Regulation. The Software may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. You shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export or release the Software to, or make the Software accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export or release is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing or otherwise making the Software available outside the US.
15. US Government Rights. The Software is commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if you are an agency of the US Government or any contractor therefor, you receive only those rights with respect to the Software as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.
16. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, the remainder of the provision will be amended to achieve as closely as possible the effect of the original term and all other provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
17. Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Software shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Georgia in each case located in Columbus and Muscogee County. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
18. Limitation of Time to File Claims. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SOFTWARE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
20.Waiver. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any applicable purchase or other terms, the terms of this Agreement shall govern.