Already Own This Product?
What Is SmartChef® Technology?
- SmartChef technology enables you to easily monitor and control grill temperatures, cook times and makes it easier than ever to deliver great tasting food every time. Using a Wi-Fi connection, sync the grill to your compatible mobile device and get real-time updates and alerts.
- Monitor grill and food temperatures, gas tank levels and burner status
- Control grill temperatures, cook times and utilize our library of recipes
- Receive alerts when your grill is ready for grilling, cool enough to cover and even if your grill experiences any significant temperature changes
- Place the thermometer in the center of your food
- Put the meat on the grill
- Connect to the Char-Broil SmartChef Gas Grill app
How Does SmartChef® Technology Work?
- SmartChef technology utilizes the Cloud to wirelessly exchange information between your gas grill and your compatible mobile device, allowing users to monitor their gas grill where there is a data connection.
- Your compatible mobile device sends info through the Cloud to your grill.
- Your grill sends info back through the Cloud to your compatible mobile device so you can monitor, control and get alerts.
- iPhone: 4s and newer, iOS 9 and newer
- Android: Android 4.4 (KitKat) and newer
Real Time Data & Alerts
- SmartChef technology uses a Wi-Fi connection, enabling you to receive real time updates and alerts on your smart device. Receive notifications at key grilling times for:
- Grill temperature
- Burner status
- Food is done
- Grill is cool enough to cover
- Low gas tank level
- Time cook
- Probe temperature cook
SmartChef® Control Panel
The SmartChef Control Panel features:
- ON/OFF Power Button
- Start/Stop Button
- Grill Status Light Ring
- Gas Tank Level Indicator
- Wi-Fi Connection Status Button
- Temperature Probe Ports (2x)
Cook Modes & Cook Types
For your convenience, choose either a manual or controlled cooking mode and select from three different cooking types.
- Cooking Mode
- Control Mode
- Manual Mode
- Cooking Type
- Guided Cook
- Time Cook
- Probe Temperature Cook
- Cooking Mode
LED Control Knobs
LED-illuminated control knobs allows you to know your burner status at a glance.
SmartChef® Power Cord
The SmartChef TRU-Infrared Gas Grill plugs directly into an outlet for full grill operation. The grill must be plugged in for main gas burners to be functional.
Stainless Steel Heat Tent
The stainless steel tent protects the burners from dripping juices and helps disperse heat.
Stainless steel burners with top ports can be easily adjusted to deliver high heat or very low temperatures.
A handy place for your grilling tools and cooking accessories that doubles as extra workspace while you're cooking.
Porcelain Coated Grates
The durable porcelain coating on these cooking grates make them rust-resistant and easy-to-clean.
Use this removable shelf to keep cooked foods warm, to toast bread or as an indirect cooking surface.
Warm up sauces and side dishes to complement what you grill, or flip the lid down and use the surface as additional workspace.
Two of the grill's four wheels are locking casters, making the grill easy to move and stable once you've locked the wheels in place.
Surefire® Electronic Igniter
An electronic igniter means you can light all your burners with the simple push of a button.
- Cooking System TRU-Infrared™
- Main Burner BTUs 25,500
- Side Burner BTUs 13,000
Dimensions & Weight
- Assembled Dimensions 23.5 x 47.2 x 51.1
- Assembled Width (in.) 51.1
- Assembled Depth (in.) 23.5
- Assembled Height (in.) 47.2
- Weight (lbs.) 158
- Warming Rack Area (sq. in.) 155
- Product Name Smartchef TRU Infrared 3 Burner Gas Grill
- Model Number 463346017
- Assembly Required Yes
- Grate Material Porcelain Coated Cast Iron
- Burner Material Stainless Steel
- Heat Tent Material Stainless Steel
- Warming Rack Material Porcelain Coated Steel Wire
- Side Shelf Material Black Painted Steel